20 Best Dumbledore Quotes (Celebrating 20 years of Harry Potter)
It's hard to believe it has been 20 years since the first Harry Potter book was published. That means I was 8 years old when it first came out.
I never read the books and a friend had to drag me to the theater to see Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone in 6th grade, but boy was I glad he did. J.K. Rowling has written truly inspiring stories that mean so much to so many. To celebrate 20 years, here are my 20 favorite Albus Dumbledore quotes.
20. "The best of us sometimes eat our words."
19. “Ah, music," he said, wiping his eyes. "A magic beyond all we do here!”
18.“Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.”
17. "It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends."
16. “Age is foolish and forgetful when it underestimates youth.”
15. “Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.”
14. "Do not pity the dead Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love.”
13. “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that.”
12. “We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
11. "Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
10. "It is my belief that the truth is generally preferable to lies."
9. "We must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."
8. "We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
7. “You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be!”
6. “The truth. It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great
5. "You think the dead we loved truly ever leave us? You think we don't recall them more clearly in times of great trouble?"caution.”
4. "It is a curious thing, Harry, but perhaps those who are best suited to power are those who have never sought it."
3. “It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”
2. “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
1. "It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay though never quite eradicated."
Thank you J.K. Rowling, for giving us a role model like Dumbledore. We are forever indebted to you.